2009-06-22

He Who Began a Good Work

This morning I was walking to work, listening to my MP3 player. I felt a bit unsettled and was berating myself a bit for letting my hubby down.

Just as I rounded a corner, the Lord lifted my gaze. Most Mondays and Tuesdays since October, I have been walking by a house that has been under construction. Today, it was done. Not only was it done, but the construction fence had been taken down, and the flower bed in front of the house was planted with roses and shrubs.

Into my heart, He spoke.
"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears." Philippians 1:6
I am so grateful that He will one day complete the good work He has started in me. I've got a long way to go!

3 comments:

Patty Wysong said...

I am sooo thankful He's not done with me because I keep messing things up.

Thanks for the encouragement, Feath!
Hugs!!

rjlight said...

I hope you are doing well in the states while He continues that work in you! :)

Pilar said...

Hello Heather, my name is Pilar and I am a missionary in Spain _(Granada). I was born and raised in MAdrid :) so the tithle of your blog caught my attention :). Where are you? How are you?

Blessings to you