2009-06-21

Divine Appointments









A few weeks ago, Nic said to me, "Do you know who I really miss? Miss Julie. I wish I could see her again."

Miss Julie was Nic's speech and language therapist for more than a year, but this past year he didn't see her at all.

Last night, as our service ended, I came down the stairs in the building where we are meeting, after locking up the area we use for the kids. There was a woman standing by the elevators, and I offered her an offhand "Hola."

"Hi!" she said.

When I looked at her properly, lo and behold, it was Miss Julie!!

I went into the service, where Nic was standing on his chair so he could see the screen and sing along.

I said, "Come with me, buddy, I have a surprise for you. There is someone here you really wanted to see."

I opened the door. He took one look, and threw his arms around her. "I've missed you so much!"

How can you ignore a God who listens to the dreams of a 9-year-old boy, and reveals Himself so clearly?

2 comments:

Heidi Renee said...

beautiful!

Shari Lau said...

Love it!