2009-05-01

7 Quick Takes Friday #7


#1

It's a holiday in Spain today (including Mother's Day, on a Friday. Go figure!) I'm so happy about that; it has been a long week and I'm plumb tuckered out. My Dad got back late last night so we're all looking forward to a day without any obligations hanging out.

#2

All week I was stressed out about dealing with our broken-down car. I called the Ford place where we have taken it before on Tuesday and he said "Don't bring it until at least Wednesday, but I can't look at it Wednesday or Thursday either." So I had it towed there yesterday. When I called to say it was on the way, he complained that it was a bad day, blah blah blah. Sometimes living in a foreign country wrings the joy right out of me.

#3

We spent the afternoon out in Alcala de Henares, where we ate the world's best rotisserie chicken, walked around Plaza de Cervantes and enjoyed a beautiful blue sky. Bliss. I also got chocolate on my shirt, of course.

#4

This is where we will spending a few days this summer with fellow missionaries from Christian Associates. SOOOOOOO excited!

#5

I am trying to figure out what is going to work best for me to lose the extra weight I am carrying and get in healthier shape. Not sure yet what it's going to be, but something has to change. The older I get, the harder it is to lose. The biggest hurdles for me I think are if I have to eat differently from my family (which is likely!) and the cost of that fact. Oh yeah, my fondness of chocolate may be a problem too. About eight years ago I lost quite a bit after Nicolas was born and I decided to work at it. But over the years it has just been creeping back on.

#6

I have been staring at that number 6 for far too long.

#7

I am also very happy that today was only Friday :) I know, I'm lame!

No comments: