2009-01-02

7 Quick Takes Friday

I have been reading Jennifer over at Conversion Diary for awhile now. She's smart and funny and I really enjoy her perspective on things. I really want to blog more this year, but who knows if it's really going to happen. I figure I can at least manage once a week :) I was going to take some photos and all that but then it'll be next Friday before I get this post done.

#1
My daughter's feet are almost the same size as mine. I wear a size 5. She's almost 12. Do you think I can wish that she'll stop at size 5 so we can share shoes? I didn't think so :( A girl can dream though.

#2
This year my "theme" is the word "present" as in "being present" (although I like presents too!) Circumstances in our life and ministry mean that life in Madrid is often lonely. Since I connect with people online a lot, I am often on my computer. That's a necessary evil to be able to stay in touch with those I love who are far away, but this year I want to do better about really being present where I am. I think this year that will mean more deliberate connection with my family.

#3
When I was growing up I journaled like crazy. I haven't done that in a long long time, but I'd like to journal more regularly this year.

#4
Barb over at Chelsea Morning has a "Good Things" book where she keeps track of ideas she likes and all kinds of stuff. Even though I don't get many magazines (too much of a pain to ship to Spain) I think this would be a great way to keep track of stuff I find online and print out. I'd like to start one this year.

#5
I am perplexed by the amount of cleavage I see nowadays. Not just on celebrities but on normal everyday people, even women my age. I just don't get it. I'm just saying.

#6
After being a complete slug almost constantly since December 26th, I went a little nuts today. We put away all the Christmas stuff, I'm washing couch throw pillows and even took the footstool apart so I could "dry-clean" the fabric in the dryer.

#7
When we're on vacation, we tend to stay up WAAAAAAAY later than normal and then sleep in. Problem is, that does not mesh with real life. So starting tonight, I have to start going to bed at a normal hour for me. Or next week will be a killer.

~~~
That's all!

No comments: