2008-12-31

The end of 2008

Well, after literally spending most of the last days with my behind planted firmly on the couch I am finally starting to feel some stirrings of motivation to do SOMETHING. Problem with me is that my desire for order always goes a little nuts at New Year's so I have to be careful or I'll try to go from 0 to 105 in 30 seconds and end up right back where I was at the end of Christmas, plumb tuckered out. Oh the ongoing challenge of finding balance in life!

I really do want to get things in order though before the long haul until Easter begins. November was the only month that I worked a normal schedule and although it was manageable, I have a feeling that by Easter I'll be ready for a break again. So I want to be able to start well and keep up a reasonable pace.

Hard to believe it's the end of another year. Last year we made the mistake of trying to get some food delivered. For some reason after all the years we have lived in Spain we didn't realize that NOTHING is open on New Year's Eve. So yeah, we were kind of pathetic. Since I have been a slug for the last 5 days I am thinking I might make lasagna. I haven't made it for a LONG time (it's a pretty expensive dish with the meat and cheese) but I grew up making it with my Mom.

Wherever you are, may you have something to eat tonight. And may 2009 be whatever HE wants it to be for each of us.

See you next year!

No comments: