2008-06-23

Reading

One of the things I hope to do more of this summer (as things move at a slower pace) is reading. This year the kids have finally gotten it in their heads that they will actually get more pool time if they don't insist that we get in with them. Frankly, Troy and I just don't feel like getting in every day. So today I sat and read two chapters of A Long Obedience in the Same Direction which I had been reading with some ladies in the fall, but set aside when the group dispanded. I LOVE this book. I feel like I underline half the chapter and I pretty much just want to copy and past it here. If you have never read it, I highly recommend it.

Later, our family watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie in which the girls put on a scene from Little Women. My Meg was asking about it, so I was inspired to pull my Reader's Digest classics copy off the shelf and we decided to read it together this summer. I have read this book eleventy billion times and love it so much. I'm really excited to be sharing it with Meg!

No comments: