2007-10-19

Because That's What Family Does

Earlier this afternoon the nice washing repair guy was in my house for about 5 minutes to tell me it would cost about 290 to repair my washer and that he recommended that we just buy a new one. I had to pay him 45 euro for that advice. But he was very nice about it.

So as soon as Victoria walked in (she had called earlier to say she was coming over to do some homework and then watch some TV with us) we "asked" (read told) her that we were leaving her with kids and dog for a little while so we could go out and bite the bullet and buy a new washer. Thankfully today was payday and there was no sense waiting until we had no clean clothes left.

It took us a little while to get out there, decide on the damages, pick up some treats (frozen mini-pizzas, ice cream bars and Coke, all paid for with a coupon :) ) for dinner. On the way home Troy remarked that he felt guilty for ditching Victoria to babysit when she had come to hang out. I told him "That's what family does."

When we got home we thanked her again and I told her that Troy had been feeling guilty.

She said, "You know when your friends invite you to go out, but all you really want to do is stay home with your family? That's why I came over tonight."

Enough said. Family.

No comments: