2007-09-16

Happy Sunday Morning

I stopped by David Crowder's blog the other day and found out that they are releasing a new album in a couple of weeks!!! Kelly and Troy tease me all the time because I am a huge fan of David Crowder Band after seeing them a few years ago in the UK at a Worship Together conference. Troy and I don't buy much music these days but you can bet I'll be saving my pennies for a download!

I mentioned that we have been doing morning and evening office from Celtic Daily Prayer with the kids. As we say these words together every evening, this has been a real comfort (and challenge) to me. I hope it blesses you too.

"Lord, You have always given
bread for the coming day;

and though I am poor,

today I believe.


Lord, You have always given

strength for the coming day;

and though I am weak,
today I believe.

Lord, You have always given

peace for the coming day;

and though of anxious heart,

today I believe.

Lord, You have always kept
me safe in trials;

and now, tried as I am,

today I believe.

Lord, You have always marked
the road for the coming day;

and though it may be hidden,

today I believe.


Lord, You have always lightened

this darkness of mine;

and though the night is here,

today I believe.

Lord, You have always spoken
when time was ripe;

and though you be silent now,

today I believe."

2 comments:

David & Daphne said...

Wow, that is such a great expression of walking along day by day in this shadow land of faith. Today is the day of the Lord and tomorrow will be another.

rjlight said...

thanks. we've been reading it every morning now too. It has really been a great beginning to our day it also makes me feel closer to you guys! :( We also ordered the book. See how you guys are ministering to us too?