2007-09-09

End of Summer

It's the last day of summer vacation and I am wondering how this day arrived so soon! It's been a good summer, with a definite slowing of pace around here.

As usual, I look back at everything I had planned to accomplish over the summer, and very little of it happened :) But it hasn't been a total bust.

Meg has gotten down the basics of typing correctly and even asks to practice quite often. She has been reading a lot this summer (and writing! I need to scan her latest project and post it). We've also noticed that she is starting to develop the gift of sarcasm :) (Even though I am the queen of sarcasm, I try not to use it with my kids, because I don't think sarcasm is really appropriate for kids. They just aren't emotionally equipped to deal with it and I think it just hurts and confuses them.) So far it has been light, and cute, but we'll definitely keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get out of hand. If it does, Mom will have to do some serious tongue-curbing.

Nic has continued in speech and language therapy and is doing really well. We've noticed big improvements in a lot of areas. I'm so thankful that even after a hard year last year, he is excited to start school. That is a huge answer to prayer for me. He has such a good attitude and willing heart.

So it's Sunday afternoon and we're well on our way to being ready for tomorrow. Before bed tonight, backpacks will be ready (with snacks already packed), clothes laid out, kids bathed and groomed, etc. Mom will have to go to bed at a decent hour so that 7:30 am breakfast doesn't kick her too hard.

I am looking forward to schedule again!

1 comment:

rjlight said...

aww, tomorrow is the big day. well, if you're anything like me you are saying "hurray!" at least inside! and save that sarcasm for me dear.