2007-09-18

A Butter Tart is a Beautiful Thing

One of the best things about being Canadian is eating butter tarts. They are kind of like mini pecan pies, although my favorite ones are the ones with raisins. Nothing is better than a cup of tea and a couple of butter tarts. They aren't that hard to make but I don't like to bake, especially pastry. I know, I'm lazy.

Anyway, our friend Jacob flew in today from Canada and brought me a package of butter tarts. I'm getting ready to have a cup of tea and I don't have to share them with anyone :)

If you want to try your hand at making them, you can find a recipe here.

4 comments:

Anskov said...

save some for me!!!!!!

Tim Constable said...

Butter tarts rule!! And they HAVE to have raisins!!

Heidi Renee said...

Ha! They are TRULY Canadian!

I had no idea, until you posted the last post that you were Canadian - where do you hail from?

Sue @ praise & coffee said...

Sounds delicious, I've never had one...I might have coffee with mine.
:)