2007-08-07

Tuesday

Posting is probably going to be slim from me this week as I try and get everything on my to-do list done before we leave for Hungary early (read, the shuttle is picking us up at 4 a.m.) on Friday morning. As usual, there are some last-minute glitches showing up.

August in Spain is a challenging month, because businesses literally shut their doors for part or all of the month, simply putting a sign on the door saying "We're closed for vacation; we'll be back on...." It's a crazy way to do business, but totally common here. Enter the vet. I have called a few times and left messages saying I want to board the dog. So far, nobody has called me back. This happened to me 2 years ago but then the vet called me back at the last minute. I am hoping that happens again, but if she doesn't, I'm going to have to figure out something. Arghghghghghghgh.

I also still need to do laundry and pack, which is do-able, if I just get to it.

In more exciting news, our Amy is coming home tomorrow morning! Yay! We're so excited.

We got rain over the weekend (yahoo!) and so much wind that big tree branches fell down all over the city. It was crazy. But the temps are down a bit, so it's all good.

Last night, the boys were gone on The Sleepover so Meg and I grabbed a burger for dinner and then watched Ever After. Meg was a bit sad that the boys were gone, so she ended up sleeping with me.

Today we have staff meeting and office hours, then I really need to see about getting our newsletter photocopied (yeah good luck it's August!) and getting the house clean. A German friend and a friend of hers are going to be staying in our flat for the weekend after we leave, so it really needs a good going over.

And now I need to get dressed and take the dog out!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Heather, if you need someone to take care of the dog, let me know, really. I'm here that whole week as it is! No need for you guys to have to worry about that!