2007-07-23

Top 10 Reasons to Vacation in Lisboa (if you are the Cady's)

  1. You can buy cereal they don't have in Spain, like multi-grain cheerios, cookie crisp and cinnamon toast crunch.
  2. You can keep yourself entertained the whole week with books from somebody else's shelf (I read The Kite Runner, Peace Like A River, A Perfect Match and Oh My Stars. I think that is the order I would rank them as well. I only got part-way into one of my e-books, so I still have plenty of vacation reading.
  3. The beach.
  4. Portuguese pottery; it's way nicer than Spain's, IMHO.
  5. Hanging out with friends (kids and adults both).
  6. Frangu (roast chicken) and french fries.
  7. The friends' house where you stay has a gas grill. Hamburgers were good, shoulda done steaks.
  8. School of Rock, Jack Black's best.
  9. Cleaning someone else's house is more fun than cleaning your own.
  10. Moderate temperatures, blue sky and sea, and a sea breeze.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hear, hear to #9! So glad you had such a great time!