2007-07-25

Maybe I was wrong

Earlier this week I was saying that the weather was really um, nice. And like, not hot. For summer and all. And I may have alluded to the fact that whoever said it was going to be hot this summer (really really hot in Spain) might have been, you know, um, wrong.

Then I opened CNN and read this:

Deadly heat wave grips Europe


Oops. The article said
"Up to 500 people are estimated to have died across Hungary last week, partly due to a heat wave gripping central and southeast Europe, Hungarian medical officials said on Tuesday."
And where do you think we are going in 2 weeks for Connect, our annual CA conference?

You guessed it. Hungary. Granted, Sopron is up near Austria, so maybe it won't be so bad.

But my weather bar also says it is currently 91 degrees at 8:30 pm. And it also has a little picture of a red thermometer with little red wavy lines coming off it for Friday. Right next to where it says Fri: 99 F.

Either way, maybe it's time to eat some humble pie. But that would require turning on the oven, and it's, obviously, too hot for that.

So maybe I was wrong...

No comments: