It's Saturday, and I have been meaning to blog all week about all manner of random things but I have been too sluggish to do anything about it (the slowness of summer and the heat always does that to me.)
So here, for your enjoyment, is a list of random thoughts. Don't you love how well I do the random?
- Last Thursday Meg and I met K for a day of girlie shopping since rebajas (sales) have started. And oh my. My daughter is 10 and she is all about the bling. Seriously. I am going to have to take serious measures to keep that from developing into a full-blown issue!
- Last Friday we took the kids to Faunia, a zoo-type place. It was a great day, hot, but not unbearable. I'll post photos eventually. And a big mean bird tried to kill us in the aviary. It pecked Meg in the arm. We are never going in the aviary again.
- Last Sunday was a day of contrasts. At 5 am I dropped Lisa at the airport, which was not fun. In the late afternoon, we sat out on the balcony with friends who were visiting from Miami. The honest heart conversation and connection was balm to our souls. Our balcony is like having a big ole' porch and I love it.
- Our church website is almost done, and we are really excited about it. It's going to ROCK!
- We have had great summer weather. Even though it has been hot the past week, evenings and mornings are pleasant and cool. I'm so glad Madrid is not humid!
- This week the kids and I went to the used book store with friends. We found a Boxcar Children book for Meg (it's crazy that there are eleventy-billion Sweet Valley High books around and very few of the good ones.) I also picked up Where the Red Fern Grows (because really, what kind of Mom would I be if I don't give my kids the chance to bawl their eyes out over a book!) and A Wrinkle in Time. I picked up 2 novels for myself. I finished started and finished one on Thursday. See why I need a library?
- Tonight we have our church "service". Since our congregation mostly evaporates in the summer, we'll be meeting in a home for communion and fellowship. It's guaranteed to be soul-refreshing.
- And now it is time for me to go make some lunch.