2007-06-12

Of all the carbs I've craved before...

I had ridiculous unrealistic lofty goals of posting before and after photos of our apartment for you. But alas, I shall not.
Can I just tell you, that if California Pizza Kitchen delivered one of their Greek pizzas to my door right now, I would kiss this whole South Beach (ish) thing I'm doing goodbye so fast your head would spin. Really, I would. I have GOT to figure out how to make that. In two weeks. Yeah.

I've actually done pretty well today (although I cheated and drank the fresh squeezed orange juice that came with my breakfast. I did not, however, eat ONE SINGLE fry--no hash browns in Spain. Not one, people.) Seriously Dr. Agatston, is orange juice THAT bad for me? Anyway, I drank it.

I was mostly good at lunch, except for, ahem, my beverage. 'Nuff said.

So now I will drink my lovely dinner of ice-cold gazpacho and dream of California Pizza Kitchen. And I actually thinking gazpacho is prob'ly kinda cheating too, 'cuz pretty sure they throw some bread in when they make it.

Maybe I'll do better tomorrow....

3 comments:

Olson Family said...

I must come out of hiding (via boomama/bigmama - forget who at this point) to say how jealous I am that you have a CPK in Madrid. I think I will have to plan another Spain trip just to partake of the chopped salad or Chkn bbque pizza. God bless and keep up the Good work.

Lisa Pileggi said...

Well, there are at least TWO good things that have come from LOVELY California that you like -- CPK and meee! =) Did you know that CPK has a cookbook? Maybe that will have to be your next b-day present? Umm!

Heather said...

Hey Olson Family, not sure how to find your blog, so in case you come back, we unfortunately don't have a CPK :( in Madrid. I wish! I was just dreaming. We discovered them last furlough and now we're hooked.

Lisa, you're definitely higher on my list :) I did see their cookbook on Amazon, I should add it to my wishlist :)