2007-06-30

California Hates Me (it has stolen two of my best friends)

I have tons to blog about (girlie shopping day with Meg and K on Thursday, trip to Faunia on Friday etc.) but have had precious little time for that. I have been spending as much time as I can with my friend Lisa, who has been staying with us for the last few days before she leaves to move back to California early tomorrow morning.

For her sake, I am excited about the new opportunities God is giving her. For my sake,I am not happy about this. I have watched her finish dismantling her life here over the past few days and I have been sad, sad, sad. Lisa and I have been friends for awhile, but our friendship over the past year since I moved into the city has been a huge blessing for me. Lisa is a friend who deliberately connected with Heather the person, not Heather the pastor's wife. She has been a life-line for me.

Tonight our family sat in our living room and Lisa joined in family bed-time prayers. She got the honor of going first. A few fat tears squeezed out as I held Meaghan on my lap.

Tomorrow morning very early, I'll drop Lisa at the airport. I know I'll cry on the way home.

Godspeed Lisa!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What sad news! I hate the parting of friends, but at least they are always connected in spirit.

Hope this cheers you - I just awarded you a "rockin' girl blogger" award. :) Stop on over to claim it!

rjlight said...

Heather! You're making me cry! I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to another friend! If it makes you feel any better I am just as lonely in California! :(