- Knowing that every morning she was in the living room spending time with God (after she brought my Dad and I coffee in bed!)
- Knowing that she would always fall asleep in any movie we took her to.
- The way she was always willing to be my "excuse" if I didn't want to do something. (Like, no, I can't go to that whatever because my Mom says no)
- The way she would sign her letters to be "The Snort" or "The Steam Shovel" (a la Are You My Mother?)
- The uncanny way she always knew that I was going to call home even when I had no plans to.
- Her complete and utter love for and dependence on Jesus.
- Her passion for honesty and truth.
- The way she made my friends feel comfortable in our home.
- The many ways she taught me about hospitality. It's why there are always people in our home now, because she modeled it so well.
- The way she would snore lightly through her mouth when she fell asleep on the basement floor by the heater.
- The way she gave of herself, over and over and over.
- Her sarcasm (where do you think mine got honed? :) )
- She was my best friend.
Thursday Thirteen: In Memory of my Mom
Seventeen years ago today, my Mom died. So in honor of her, here are 13 of my favorite memories of her: