2007-04-11

Library

One of the things I miss the most about living in the U.S. is the library. I am an avid reader, and I can devour a Grisham in a few hours. I'm also pretty picky about what I read; if a book does not peak or hold my interest, I'll put it down. I have enough to do in life without plodding through a book I am not enjoying. The great thing about the library is that I could check out 10 or 12 books (routinely) and read what I liked. I would pick things that looked interesting, or books by authors I knew I liked. But if I didn't like them, I would put them down and return them to the library unread.

Living in Madrid, not so much. We have a few places where I can buy used books (I usually stick to the 1-3 euro room) and then sell them back for a loss when I'm done. But frankly, most of what I may read I don't necessarily want to keep.

I also LOVE the periodical section. I could sit and read magazines for a whole afternoon.

So the next time you go to the library, read a little for me!

No comments: