2007-03-24

Role Reversal

Troy and I have a standing joke in our house. Because he helps me around the house so much, I call him P31 (Proverbs 31) and he calls me a man of God. I can't actually remember how the man of God thing got started. Troy? Anyway, I think I freaked him out a little today because I actually acted like a woman of Proverbs. :)

Here is what I got done today:
  • Got up, gave the kids breakfast (Meg had her first sleep-over with her friend Elisa last night.)
  • Did the bulletin, order of service, announcements and printed out worship music for tomorrow's service.
  • Mixed a batch of refrigerator bran muffins (I really don't like to baking because I'm not thrilled about having to measure things.)
  • Went to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for dinner and Sunday lunch, as well as hospitality supplies for church.
  • Made 2 loaves of banana carrot bread. (again with the baking)
  • Made a big pot of veggie spaghetti sauce for Sunday lunch. (To fool picky children, I throw zucchini, carrot, onion and garlic in the blender with water, then grind it up fine, drain it and saute in olive oil.)
  • Walked the dog
  • Put away all my scrapbooking stuff that was all over the table.
  • Made home-made pizza for dinner with Kelly & April. (I have a great pizza dough recipe for my bread-maker. And I'm on a huge BBQ pizza kick: BBQ sauce, bacon, onion and garlic.)
  • Washed the dog's kennel bedding.
  • Set the table for tomorrow's lunch so when we get home from church with our company all we have to do is throw the salad together, boil the pasta and heat up the sauce.
  • Prepared my Godly Play lesson for tomorrow. I loved this: "Jesus came back across the Jordan River and began to do his work. His work was to come close to people, especially the people no one else wanted to come close to.....When Jesus came close to people, they changed. They could see things they could never see before. They could do things they could never do before. They became well. Jesus also told parables. Finally, he knew that he had to become a parable, so he turned toward Jerusalem for the last time."
Whew! No wonder I'm tired. And I didn't get a nap!

I read some more of Searching For God Knows What. I am really enjoying it. I need to buy my own copy of a lot of these books; I know I am going to want to read them again.

Have a peaceful and restful Sabbath.

4 comments:

Nadine said...

I'm tired just reading about it. You better get some rest before Sunday.

spain dad said...

5 stars on the BBQ pizza. It was delish.

Troy said...

The "man of God" comment came out because I thought of the opposite of "Woman of Proverbs", but also...you are a real man of God. :-)

Yes, I love that part of the Faces of Easter story as well.

Hope this week is more restful for you/us!

Love ya,
T

rjlight said...

hey, you are such a liar -- you are always p31 woman! Reading your blog today makes me want to come over to your house so much! I miss you!