2007-01-09

So Tired

Oh. My. Goodness. It's 9:16 pm and I am about to get in bed. Today has been a marathon. I still have work I should have done today, but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow! Here's what my day looked like:

  • Get kids off to school
  • Work on cleaning dust-bunnies out of hall, clean bathroom, get Meg's room ready for guest, sweep and mop kitchen
  • Prepare materials for meeting with Amy
  • Work on legalization paperwork for church
  • Go to Holy Spirit House, have meeting with Amy
  • Go straight from that meeting to school to pick up kids
  • Take kids home, welcome guest (new student that just arrived in Madrid), gulp quick cup of tea
  • Take Meg to the orthodontist
  • Stop at the store on the way home to pick up ingredients for supper
  • Make dinner
  • Eat dinner, get kids in bed
  • Put pe uniforms in the wash for tomorrow
  • Help Troy clear up dinner, make coffee for tomorrow
I had lots of ambition of getting more stuff done tonight, but despite the 4 loads of unfolded laundry (about two American size loads) staring at me from the various corners of the room, I am going to bed.

Tomorrow morning I can't go to the gym because I have to take Nic for his assessment. So I will take my laptop and take a brisk walk to Starbucks while I'm waiting for him to be done and try and power out some work there.

I am going to Amsterdam early on Thursday morning (4:00 am shuttle pick-up time!) for Deela's memorial service as well as some face time with Elizabeth, my spiritual director. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to fold that laundry and pack!

2 comments:

Troy said...

Now YOU'RE the "woman of proverbs"! Praying for you, honey.

Troy

Monaca said...

I hope the rest of your week slowed down a bit and that you've had a chance to breath.