2007-01-08

Posture

I have bad posture. I am become more aware of it since I started going to the gym regularly. I tend to slouch so that my lower back is concave. My little tyrannical Russian trainer is always telling me that I need to have a "sunken belly button" to get get rid of the "hole in my back". Today I consciously tried to improve my posture while walking around and sitting. I've tried to keep my shoulders back and relaxed but my back straight, without my belly dragging my lower back forward. It's hard! But I hope that with practice and some exercises to strengthen my back muscles, it'll become easier.

I realize too, that sometimes I have bad emotional/physical posture. This morning the "caldera" (boiler thingy that heats water for our heat and well, hot water) started acting weird. I really hate it when things don't work right. I get annoyed. So I was all bent out of shape over this boiler. I decided to sit down for some quiet moments.

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? I was all frazzled and uptight, and this is part of what I read in Daniel:

"Because the king was in such a hurry and the furnace was so hot..." Yeah right. I was in a big hurry, but my furnace was anything but hot!

Anyway, this week my goal is, as one of my husband's deep thoughts read, "Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." Yeah, mainly the first part!

And oh yeah, you should be careful in a fit of cleaning/organizing that you don't throw the wrong pair of sweatpants in the trash so that when your daughters asks in the morning you don't have to hope they didn't get too coated with coffee grounds!


No comments: