Today was a gearing up kind of day, but worshipful for me. It felt good to take care of our home, my family.
- The boys both got haircuts
- Both kids are bathed and nails clipped :)
- The Christmas directions are down and put away
- The living room is cleaned and put back in order, including the glider being back in the room after being out of the living room since November
- Both the kids' rooms are cleaned, (a little girl I know is going to be in charge of vacuuming and mopping her room from now on since she showed such interest in the mop!)
- The coffee is made for morning, just has to be turned on
- Backpacks are ready by the door, with snacks already packed
- School clothes are laid out in the kids' rooms
- The Brita tank is back in the fridge (after purging of Christmas left-overs) and has a new filter in it
- All the beds have clean sheets and duvet covers on them
I know that it's easy to be organized today, but I am hoping that with some re-ordering of my time and priorities, I can stop or at least slow the normal slow slide into controlled chaos. And granted, my desk is still piled high, there are dust-bunnies in the hall, the kitchen floor needs mopping, both bathrooms need a clean, and our bedroom needs vacuuming. But still, it feels good to be as far along as I am right now.
Now I'm off for some well-earned chill-time with my hubby, who was very helpful today!