2007-01-07

Order

A new world home order is now in place. Whew! I have to say I am ready for the holiday season to be over and to have normal life and routine to begin again. Although I know that I will not be so ready when the alarm clock goes off in the morning!!

Today was a gearing up kind of day, but worshipful for me. It felt good to take care of our home, my family.
  • The boys both got haircuts
  • Both kids are bathed and nails clipped :)
  • The Christmas directions are down and put away
  • The living room is cleaned and put back in order, including the glider being back in the room after being out of the living room since November
  • Both the kids' rooms are cleaned, (a little girl I know is going to be in charge of vacuuming and mopping her room from now on since she showed such interest in the mop!)
  • The coffee is made for morning, just has to be turned on
  • Backpacks are ready by the door, with snacks already packed
  • School clothes are laid out in the kids' rooms
  • The Brita tank is back in the fridge (after purging of Christmas left-overs) and has a new filter in it
  • All the beds have clean sheets and duvet covers on them

I know that it's easy to be organized today, but I am hoping that with some re-ordering of my time and priorities, I can stop or at least slow the normal slow slide into controlled chaos. And granted, my desk is still piled high, there are dust-bunnies in the hall, the kitchen floor needs mopping, both bathrooms need a clean, and our bedroom needs vacuuming. But still, it feels good to be as far along as I am right now.

Now I'm off for some well-earned chill-time with my hubby, who was very helpful today!

2 comments:

RJ Light said...

Glad you have gotten organized. Isn't it great getting the Christmas stuff packed away??? Especially when you don't have any storage space. I was wondering why you had kept your Christmas leftovers in the Brita tank? :)

Heather said...

Very funny. The Christmas leftovers took up so much room in the fridge that we had to take the Brita tank out :)