2006-12-29

More Vacation Bliss

This morning I had to be at the dentist with Meg at 9 for her to have her "study" done (X-rays, impressions etc.) It took longer than I thought and it was pretty chilly while we were waiting for the bus. Of course since it was one of the mornings I had to be out and about, Nic slept until 9:30!!!!

The kids are doing great on their bikes. Meg looks like she's been riding for years. Nic just needs to learn now how to start himself and they'll both be good to go! Nic is tickled pink to be able to ride. I think it has given his confidence a real boost. He is my snuggle bug so I've been enjoying lots of cuddle time with him this week.

Made pizza for dinner. A great way to get rid of turkey leftovers is to make BBQ turkey pizza. I make the dough in my bread maker, use BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, and load it up with cheese, onion, a little bacon and loads of turkey. Yummy! Meg had it tonight and loved it.

We've been doing more reading, puzzle-making and just lolling around. I am less hoarse today and feeling like I'm on the mend.

Instead of a big party for New Year's, which is not our style, we're going to have a Lord of the Rings marathon and watch all three movies. Not sure if many people are even in town, but it sounds like a nice plan to me; stay in and away from the craziness!

I can feel the stirrings of the great 2007 clean-up/organize/purge but that will be next week :)

No comments: