2006-11-10

A mega post

I often write blog posts in my head. So often and so completely that sometimes I am surprised when I don't find them on my blog! Go figure.

Anyway, it has been a busy week, it's barely 10 pm on Friday and I am fading quickly. The dog is already snoring beside me on the couch. I'm going to buzz through the blog posts I have written this week in my head.

~~~





Oh how I love it! There are still mornings when I have to drag my butt out the door, but once I am on my way it's great. It's hard and some days it kills me, but it's GREAT. After a month I have lost at least 1 cm all over (2 in my bust, the one place I might like to keep a couple of cms!) except for my now bulging muscular thigh muscles where I have gained a cm :) I feel healthy, so much more energetic and strong. I have a poem in my head about this, but it's not quite formed enough to come out yet.

~~~
I haven't been lonely at all this week. Being part of Oasis Madrid is like having the softest imaginable fleece blanket to snuggle in.

We have this boy in our church, who is honestly, the kind of boy I hope Meaghan will find one day. He is almost too good to be true. On Wednesday night he came to babysit for me because I had to teach and lead my group at Cross Currents. He arrived right on time, and during dinner gave Meg one of his pieces of French toast because apparently 2 is not enough. When I got home, he had emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen. The dog whined, and he took her out for me. He refused payment of any kind. I mean, really, where did this kid come from?

So yesterday I was thrilled to hang out with Victoria, because she is a very busy student and I just don't get to see her enough. We are the queens of buses, and we rode 2 buses from downtown back to my house, where we hung out on the couches (my day off). She walked to school with me to pick up the kids, which they were thrilled about. Later on I took the dog out again, and when I came in she was cleaning up dishes. I told her she didn't have to do that and she said "I'm trying to make Jonathan look less perfect!"

Yeah, so does anyone else want to come over and join this little competition?

~~~

So I am pretty sure there were a couple more blog posts I wrote in my head. But guess what, it takes a lot more effort to write them here than it does to write them in my head. Since I started this I have had 2 chat conversations on skype with friends far away, and now it's 10:34. My eyes are closing involuntarily, so I think it's time to roll the dog off the couch, check on my babies and crawl into my cold, bed-heaterless bed.

No comments: