2006-11-23

All I want for Thankgiving is a good night's sleep

I promise I will be more thankful later in the day, but Thanksgiving morning did not start out in a holiday sort of way. For one thing, in Spain it's just another day, so kids have to go to school and all that.

I have not had a really good night's sleep for the past week, for any variety of reasons (waking up in the night to realize I didn't have turkey roasting bags, a daughter who has not been sleeping well and thus has come into our room--to my side of the bed--eleventy-billion times, late nights etc.) I do not function well when I don't get enough sleep.

So I didn't start my day in the best of moods. My son woke up at 6:30, probably because he didn't eat well enough last night so he was hungry. During breakfast prep I dropped the milk frother on the tile floor, shattering it in a million pieces. Usually I have a spare (these things do not have a long life!) but I didn't this time. Meg spilled her word master-mindish game all over the floor of her room. The floor that had still had her school clothes on it from the day before.
Sigh. I'm about to go on a chart binge again. Every so often when my kids seem to not listen to a single thing I have told them a million times I get frustrated and make up charts for the things they are expected to do. I feel a chart coming on. I'm thinking that this time they are old enough that I can start using allowance and what-not for additional motivation.

Anyway, I decided that I've had enough crankiness for Thanksgiving. And even though Thanksgiving is not over, I pulled out some Christmas music :)

I AM thankful for my many blessings. And I will write a proper Thanksgiving post later on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if it's any consolation, we missed you today, even if you were cranky.

Heather said...

I missed you guys too!