2006-10-09

I get no respect!

Before I begin, a disclaimer (the art of which I learned from Kelly.) Actually, two disclaimers.

Disclaimer #1: April really loves soup. Since she just worked hard at giving birth, I figure she is entitled to having her whims and desires catered to a little.

Disclaimer #2: April is also a little anemic, so she needs to get as much iron in her diet as possible.

This morning I decided to make April (and Kelly & I) soup. I found potatoes and carrots, and didn't look for onions so Ali wouldn't be affected. I peeled 'em up and threw them in the pot with some veggie buillion. Near the end of the cooking, I had the brilliant idea to throw in some frozen spinach too. Spinach is a great source of iron.

Um, yeah, so maybe NEXT time, one block of frozen spinach would be enough. So that the soup does not end up looking like this...

This is the thanks I got....

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW


In my defense, it tasted good!

6 comments:

spain dad said...

As your witty husband Troy would say, "I can't tell you how good it tasted...no really, I can't tell you." :)

No, actually, it was tasty. I just had to close my eyes before taking the first bite. hehe.

Heather said...

Brat. Thank goodness April wanted pasta for dinner tonight :)

Love you three!

relevantgirl said...

Looks scrumptious, Heather...

er grandma....

don't grandmas make soup?????

kelly_w said...

i remember april, once a few years ago, when asked whether she liked a meal she had cooked, saying "We'll see when it comes back up as leftovers."

Kelly and I, upon hearing "when it comes back up," couldn't hold in our laughter anymore.

i'm sure it was wonderful, as all your soups are. but kelly's face and the green bowl made me think of that dinner! :) miss you.
k

Troy said...

That soup looked so disgusting it literally knocked all the wise-cracks out of my head. I can't think of a one. That's some potent stuff you had there.

Wish I could have tasted it. Um. Not.

Love you!

T

Amy Swacina said...

I personally think all food should be that color and look like that. You do get not respect Heather. That ranks up there with a drink a friend of mine invented and called gangrene. It looks almost the same. I would definately eat that soup though. I eat pretty much anything someone else will make for me. Enjoy your last day with the Crulls. See you soon.