2006-10-26

Conversations

Normal pre-dinner conversations...

"What are we having for dinner?"

"I don't know. What do you want?"

"I don't know What do we have?"...

Pre-dinner conversations when I actually HAVE a plan

"What's the package of chicken for?"

"Dinner."

"What are we having?"

"Curry."

Insert unhappy face.

"Can we have fajitas?"

"See, this is why I never come up with a plan! We can, but we don't have any peppers, and I am not going to the store."

Thoughtful pause. "I LIKE curry. I just don't want it TONIGHT."

"OK, we can have fajitas but they won't have peppers in them."

"Maybe when you take the dog out"....

"NO!"

3 comments:

peej said...

The same conversation goes on at my house. He hates it that I don't make a menu and post it, and I hate it that my menu regularly gets blown out of the water. Therefore, why make a menu?! Makes sense to me!! PS I HATE cooking! if I could I'd have an Ecuadorian lady in to cook only--I'll gladly skip a maid and do the cleaning myself if only someone would, Please, cook for me!!!! :o)

Jenn said...

see - clever jenn married a man who cooks!
He enjoys it, he putters around in the kitchen, and I he is a GOOD cook too. I do have to clean the kitchen afterwards, but it's a small price to pay for not having to cook....OK, it's a medium price, because he's terribly messy when he cooks, but still, better than my cooking which quite frankly just doesn't make anyone happy.

Heather said...

I actually enjoy the cooking (most of the time) Troy cleans up, and I would much rather deal with the conversations than do that :) I'll come and cook for both of you if you pay my air fare!