2006-08-10

Hello and Goodbye

Meg does most things with her whole heart. I have found it interesting on this furlough to watch her. When we arrives in each new place, she unpacks her things and set them out. And she engages with her whole heart. Hello has been quite easy for her.

But the flip side of that coin is that goodbye becomes incredibly difficult. Tonigh she said goodbye to Troy's brother Todd, as well as our good friends the Nelson family where we have been staying. At bedtime she was very weepy and emotional, so Troy and I both took extra time with her settling her in for the night.

I love how my little girl gives her heart away, but it makes me sad at the same time, because I know that same generosity of spirit opens her up to the possibility of a lot of heartache in life. But then that's what life is all about isn't it?


No comments: