2006-06-20

The Dentist

Can you believe I have taken each kid to the dentist once by MYSELF? :) On Friday I took Nic. He was a big boy and went in all by himself. They took impressions of his teeth, cleaned them, gave him a fluoride treatment and I think filled the small cavity. The dentist (a very nice woman) came out thrilled with him, said he had been "un encanto" (a delight). She gave him a big kiss goodbye. I love that about Spain! He did great, although something like did made him queasy. He came home, started eating his oatmeal and upchucked everywhere. Poor boy. This Friday he has his final appointment when they pull the tooth and put the spacer thing in.

Today I took Meg to the same clinic and saw the orthodontist, also a very nice woman. She took one look at Meg's mouth and said there was no doubt she was going to have to pull teeth. Contrary to my husband's opinion, Meg and I have small mouths, with too many teeth. Thus, "buck" teeth. They gave us a quote for 2 years of braces; it'll be around 2500 euro. I honestly have no idea what braces run these days, but that didn't seem too bad to me. So if we can get the money together she'll get braces in the fall. Poor girl.

In other news, I only have to drive Meg ALLLLL the way out to school one more day. Her field trip was supposed to be tomorrow, so that was going to be her last day although school officially ends on Friday at lunch. But today when I picked her up I found out that it got changed to Thursday. So I'm going to keep her home tomorrow and Thursday will be her last day.

Troy finished putting up lights in our place today. That's one of the quirks or renting here...you have to provide your own light fixtures. Thankfully we found some at Ikea for 9.99 euro. When you have to put 7 or more lights up, it adds up.

Meg also decided today while we were waiting for the bus that she wants her hair cut short again. I think hair brushing is taking its toll on her :) The boys both need haircuts anyway, so I guess tomorrow will be haircut day. She also was quick to ask if we could go swimming tomorrow since she wasn't going to school :) Both kids love the water.

Anyway, gotta go to bed! Don't worry, still working on the moving post :)


1 comment:

kelly_w said...

nice new look!