2006-05-18

Random Mutterings

It's hot. It's 12:35 am and it's 82 degrees. It's only May. I've heard it's supposed to be a lot cooler tomorrow...I hope so! Between allergies and heat waves it's kind of hard to sleep!

On a less gripey note, we are signing our contract tomorrow, or I guess...today :) We got the call earlier. They did manage to throw in the curve ball that we have to pay a second month of security deposit which we were not expecting. But it's better than a bank guarantee! We'll be taking the kids with us to sign since they have not even seen the place yet. I'll try to take some photos while we are there. Hopefully we'll have a key as of tomorrow so we can get in and paint etc.

Nic got his stitches out today without any problems, it took about 3 minutes and we were done. I'm glad that's behind us!

Tonight I went into the city for my group. I made a loaf of garlic onion herb bread, and the whole train ride in I wondered if people could smell the warm loaf, because I sure could. Nice perfume. "My girls" and I started the Top 10 Chapters of the Bible study. The first one is Genesis 3. It sparked an animated discussion about the fall, and what it means that "your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." Good stuff. I love this women and our Wednesday nights together.

I guess I will go see if it has gotten any cooler upstairs and if I can settle into sleep. I can't wait until a month from now when we will be living in our new apartment and the move is behind us...

No comments: