2006-05-19

Our new home!

We signed the contract! We don't get the keys until June 1, but turns out the landlord actually lives RIGHT next to us (we only share the kitchen & entry walls and it's with his apartment!) so he will let us in any time to paint etc.

Now for the tour...Here is the main entry with nice big closet























The view from the entry way, looking through the kitchen eating area into the kitchen.



















The kitchen. The other wall is also full of cabinets. Love the gas stove. And a double sink, an unusual item in Spain.























The eating area of the kitchen. We'll put the fridge here because it's too fall for the space in the kitchen.



















Nic's room























Meg's Room



















Main Bathroom























Our room. It has 2 sets of doors onto the balcony.


















View of our room from other side


















Our bathroom. Yippeee, we each get our own sink :)



















The office


















Other view of the office


















Living room















More living/dining room






























Balcony on the end, outside our room and office.















Balcony along our room, kids' rooms, kitchen














Balcony along the office and living room















So there you have it! It feels so good to KNOW where we are going to live. We walked to school from the flat, and it's only about a 15 minute walk. So that is great.

I'll leave you with a picture of the kids in front of the school gate. My allergies have been keeping me from getting sleep, so I need a nap!


5 comments:

Sophie said...

Congratulations.
I am so happy it has all worked out. Looks like a great place. Enjoy not having the stress!! Oh, I so know what you mean about the allergies. Mine are bad too!
Doing well though!

Monaca said...

That's great! I love it! But you forgot to put up the pictures of my room for when I come visit... :)

Rosy said...

Wow!

That looks amazing! Especially the huge long balconies... and the hin n' her sinks so you and Troy ca stop fighting over who gets to wash first...and all the big french windows...

Looks like you're going to have a bit of a struggle trying to move AND keep things simple, but never fear...I will be in Madrid on the 30th...what better help could you ask for?! :p

Amy Swacina said...

I'm so excited and can't wait to see it with you and your stuff in it. Then with me in it, cause you know I'll be there lots!!!

Byron Borden said...

I am excited for you guys!