2006-04-25

At the beginning of the week, I was going to write a post entitled "And now, back to your regularly scheduled life". It's only Tuesday, but it doesn't feel like it's quite there yet!

On top of the apartment "incident" I also have to take the car in for its annual inspection. Can I say how much I hate this? In Spain, there is a huge process they put your car through, not just emissions. They test things like whether all your seatbelts work, if you horn works, if your headlights are adjusted to the correct level etc. Since our car is more than 10 years old, we have to go through this every year. As far as I know, everything is in decent working order (thankfully I don't think you get points taken off for having a dirty car!) but I'm still nervous. If it doesn't pass, I am not allowed to drive it anywhere except to get it repaired. And to be honest, I do not have the time or money to get car repairs this week. So I am praying it passes.

We spent a couple of hours wandering around the city today, calling apartments. We found a few possibilities in the newspaper that we need to call. My landlord send me a recommendation letter, and CA sent us the guarantee letter. So we submitted those to the girl at the real estate agent and we'll see if the landlord will reconsider the 6-month aval he is asking for. It would be in his best interest since the place has been listed for months and we are good renters. I am waffling in between just giving up the dream of that apartment and being hopeful about it.

Instead of letting things overwhelm me I decided to count 10 blessings in my life today. Here they are:

1) Sushi for dinner
2) It was free ice cream day at Ben & Jerry's today. I had Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Therapy.
3) Our landlord Demetrio who not only wrote us a great recommendation, but is also willing to check over any potential contracts to make sure we aren't signing things we don't want to.
4) The house is being sold, and the people buying it are going to do all kinds of stuff to it. So that means we don't have to do any fixing up. That saves us tons of time and money too.
5) That the book fair at Meg's school had buy-one-get-one-free activity and sticker books that will be helpful in getting Nic up to speed for school in the fall.
6) An evening for me, and the chance to go to bed early.
7) Sunshine, blue sky and warm weather.
8) Listening to my son sing "I Ain't Got No Belly Button" (Veggie Tales) at the top of his lungs.
9) Doing a page of basic math in a workbook with Nic and watching him breeze through it.
10) That our kids are definitely enrolled in a school next year.

2 comments:

relevantgirl said...

What an inspiration your gratefulness is to me, my friend. Hang in there.

Victoria said...

what would I have to do to watch nic sing I Aint Got No Bellybutton? Because I think that would be the funniest thing I ever saw.