2006-03-30

Psalm 23

God has been good to me and has been speaking His presence into my weary heart.

I realized that I trust that God can take care of finding us the home we need, the contract terms we need, the finances we need and the school we need. I don't doubt at all that He is able.

I guess that the doubt that has been faintly echoing in my heart is whether He is willing.

I mean really. He already has given us one miracle home. Part of me feels like maybe it's selfish to ask for that again. Maybe we've already had our chance.

But I don't think that is what God wants me to believe. Today I cried out to Him about something specific and His answer was swift and deliberate and full of grace. He heard my plea, and as always, He was big enough to absorb it and answer me in a clear way.

~~~

It's interesting; I wrote this on the train on the way into the city tonight. I had already planned on doing a meditation on Psalm 23 (thanks Elizabeth!) for our worship time. It talked about prayer being approaching God with open hands and not only releasing things to him but also receiving from Him.

As I released my fears and worries to Him, He put these words into my outstretched hands:

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

1 comment:

devoted said...

Beautiful! Closed hands are hard to fill. I can hardly wait to see what God places in your open hands as you release your grip and trust and receive. Elizabeth