2006-01-17

On the run

Crunch-time is here now as I try and get everything done before we leave for Geneva on Thursday. The list isn't neither too long nor too short, but it all sort of has to fit together well in the midst of carrying on with normal life kind of things. I will breathe a sigh of relief when we get on the train to go to the airport! By then if it's not done, it's too late!

The one thing I don't like about going away is that we have to leave the kids. Don't get me wrong; I like a break from my kids just as much as the next guy. What I don't like is both of us going away and knowing there is always the miniscule chance that something could happen to both of us. I know that's a morbid way to think, but the thought of that is one of my deepest fears. Maybe it's because I lost my Mom at 21. I just really, really want to be able to be with my kids for a long time. So I would appreciate your prayers for travel safety. I know the kids are going to have a great time. They are already really excited and counting the days until they "get to go to Sam & Ivan's house to sleep."

6 comments:

cm said...

That kind of fear haunts me too. Maybe when you face the death of a loved one earlier in life, it makes you aware that it could happen to any of us. Ill be praying. Enjoy.

Monaca said...

Have a great trip and know that I will be praying! Love you guys!

Anskov said...

Have a good trip - I'll be keeping you all in my prayers!

cm said...

Hey, I know youre away on business, but you dont have the kids as an excuse, and we know about your laptop..... so.... come on with the post...

Rob said...

Heather.
Rob Hatch here. Nice to see a bit of your world. I loved my two years in Madrid though I didn't spend much time on the NorthWest side unless I was headed for a hike near Navacerrada. Found you here through Jay Senenig, who is my cousin's father in law.
I blog every once in a while at Hatchspace.chattablogs.com (but it has been a while..)

Take care

Lisa Pileggi said...

Heather, my dear - I miss you! I was praying for you and the team. Hope all went well. Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday. Besos!