2006-01-05

More or Less

This morning I was dreaming of new furniture I would love to buy for the new apartment in the city we'll find. And then I was wondering where all our money went. I got irritable. Mind you, I can be irritable and worried about money on payday when we have a full bank account.

I decided that before we went into the city for lunch and the big parade for King's Day, I should have some time with God and get over my irritability.

This is what I read in Psalm 4 from The Message.
"Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say.

"More, more."

I have God's more-than-enough,

More joy in one ordinary day

Than they get in all their shopping sprees.

At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep,

For you, GOD, have put my life back together."

Wow. I can't say that's me, but I want it to be! I think I'm going to add that to my prayers for simplicity. "I have God's more-than enough."

No comments: