2005-12-08

Niggles

Today was my day off, and since my hubby is not home, I sat around with Kelly most of the day and read. I read The Secret Life of Bees and really enjoyed it, although I am not sure about the author's view on spiritual things. That aside though, I was drawn into the story and I was sad when I found myself at the end of the book. It was a compelling story.

I have the emotional niggles today though, those things in the back of my emotions that keep me from relaxing much. They make me irritable and edgy.

Sigh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

3 comments:

Abril said...

are you borrowing it? i want to read it - can you save it for me?

Julie said...

If you want some of Sue Monk Kidd's views on spiritual things read "Dance of the Dissident Daughter." She used to be a generic evangelical devotional writer who grew very dissallusioned with all that. Her journey as conveyed in Dissident Daughter makes a fasinating read. I highly recommend reading the whole book though - most people I know gave up halfway through where she gets really weird and they don't bother to read to see where she is at now.

Heather said...

Hi Julie, thanks! Yeah, I was interested in that because you never know from what other people say about authors. I'll have to watch for a used copy. Oh how I miss libraries!!!

Hugs,
H