2005-11-02

Flu

Well the flu has come to roost at the Cady house. The kids and I all have different symptoms and so far Troy has escaped mostly unscathed. Poor Meg has it the worst.

We did have a great weekend though. It was a long one too since the kids had Monday and Tuesday off school. Meg made the choice not to go to school on Friday for the Halloween stuff. Since she is not overly keen on dressing up and all and they don't do much work we let her stay home.

Friday was rainy and dreary so we built a fire and I worked all afternoon on the couch with the lap-top. We had a gal over for dinner from Troy's Monday community group. On Saturday Troy had a half-day mentoring retreat so I had a quiet morning with the kids and then an impromptu visit with my Ecuadorian friend Ana. In the afternoon we all enjoyed a birthday party for the kids' friend Ivan. Then we had more people over for dinner that night, including Kelly and April who came to visit.

Sunday was awesome. We got up late, ate a big breakfast, hung around by the fire all day, had a late lunch of roast chicken and stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cauliflower with cheese sauce and cranberries. All in all a mostly "white" meal but we enjoyed it. Then we watched ''Robots," put the kids to bed and hung around by the fire some more. The best part of the day was that it was seasoned with plenty of good conversation.

Monday morning April, Meg and I sat by the fire some more while the boys made pancakes and bacon. The rest of the day included some house- cleaning since more houseguests were arriving, mingled with a little more sitting by the fire and gabbing.

I have to say I was going to describe all this in a much more poetic way. But the flu is here and poor little Meg is hunched up contemplating the big metal bowl that is serving as her bucket. And I am praying my toothless boy sleeps tonight without any (let alone 4) interruptions to run for the bathroom.

4 comments:

cm said...

Sorry you're all feeling ill. The boys are off school too with a mild stomach bug. Have to do double walk sometime to catch up!

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that the highlight of the week was seeing me!! and feeding me! (eggs, churros and cheese sauce, yumm!!!) hehe! guess who???? oh yeah and teaching some stuff!
xxthanks for that!;)

Abril said...

sorry about the flu :( kelly and I got it too - but maybe not as bad, only last about a day for each of us, unfortunately I got a head cold on top of it!

I'm glad it hit at the end of the weekend though, cause that way we got to have lots of fun - thanks so much! And see you soon (let's try to stay healthy this time, k?)

Jenn said...

Hope everyone recovers quickly and that Troy remains flu-free! I thought mum's weren't allowed to get sick ;) Don't we wish!