2005-10-06

Musings

I have been using The Message for my devotions and really enjoying the fresh look at the Scriptures. I read this early this morning, sitting in a pool of warm Quito sunshine.

Psalm 19:10-14

God's Word is better than a diamond, better than a diamond set between emeralds.
You'll like it better than strawberries in spring, better than red, ripe strawberries.
There's more: God's Word warns us of danger and directs us to hidden treasure.
Otherwise how will we find out way? Or know when we play the fool?
Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!
Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work;

Then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray.
Accept them when I place them on the morning altar,
Oh God, my Altar-Rock,
God, Priest-of-My-Altar.


They say you can never go home, and I think it's true. Much as I love Ecuador and being here with my brother, it's not the same anymore. It's hard to explain. Being here reminds me how much I miss my Mom. And I miss my hubby and kids so so much.

Life is weird.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I guess you can never go back. Sometimes I wish we could.
I'm sure Troy and the kids are missing you too - something fierce. I would think it would be odd to be back there - like going back in time - only it's not the same as you remember. Almost disappointing in a way. bittersweet.
((((hugs))))
thinking of you today :)

Troy said...

sending you a big hug right now, honey. Miss you big. Wish we could be there with you.

cm said...

Arent you going to write some more? I check your blog almost daily for some news of you.

philxan said...

I know what you mean. When you go back, things are different. The environment might be familiar, but its not the same. We want to go back to Europe sometime, and we know that it won't be the same as the first time.

People change, and so do you. Some friends you can pick right up with, and others you've just moved away from, never to return. You know the place, but you no longer fit as you once did. The place doesn't know you. It's like a jigsaw where your piece doesn't fit that puzzle anymore.

Blessings, pk.