2004-10-13

For lack of anything else

My friend Kelly and I made a deal that she had to create a blog for herself by the end of the week and that I had to actually post something on mine. Much to my chagrin it has taken more than one try for me to figure out how this thing actually works. So much for being computer savvy! I'm pretty pleased though, that I figured out how to get my photo in my profile. I guess there may be hope for me after all?

I had been working on a piece of writing, an essay of sorts but I think that I have lost it with all my messing around with this page. I think it's still rattling around somewhere in my head so we'll see!

The main reason I started this blog is to get myself to write again. Now that both my kids are in school in the morning, I have a little more time to do it. I hope that somehow over time I can regain the sense of writing for myself. In high school I wrote constantly (mostly bad poetry) but then I went to college and "got educated" about how bad my stuff just might be. But you know what? I don't care so much anymore if it's good or bad. As long as I like it, that works for me :) So we'll see if this works to motivate me.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It's only me. I find it ironic that when I spell-checked my post, the word "blog" came up.

relevantgirl said...

Hi Heather,

Nice looking blog! You go, writer girl! May the Lord invigorate your prose as you write. It is quite true that the more you write, the better you become. So, write, write, write!

mary